Our Justice and Witness team has gathered information on State Measures from California Church Impact, League of Women Voters, and Ella Baker Center, and on Local measures by Oakland Community Organizations and League of Women Voters. Below are links to these organizations and their recommendations.
Attend the voter forum at Kehila Community Synagogue
Here is a BALLOT MEASURE GUIDE that summarizes the suggestions from the organizations below. Please share this with your friends and colleagues and VOTE on 11/8!
- League of Women Voters http://www.lwvoakland.org/action.html
- Oakland Community Organizations Ballot Recommendations
- CA Church Impact http://www.churchimpact.org/uploads/4/1/4/8/41486323/november_2016_ballot.pdf
- Ella Baker Center recommending “YES” on 55, 57, 62, 64. “NO” on 66
- Ca. Interfaith Power and Light (they only have one recommendation – “YES” on 67 ) http://www.interfaithpower.org/get-involved-3/take-action/
Note: As a church we cannot support any candidate over another, but we can offer education and recommendations about ballot initiatives.