Thurs, Dec 22, 7:00 PM; Message from Catherine:
I want to keep things rolling, and even if this time of year is busy, I am calling a meeting this week for those who are available; dinner is provided. Meet at my house on Brookpark Rd. Email the office for the address and to RSVP unless you already have my contact info. It’ll be a short meeting, and for those who can stay, we’ll watch the film, “Time to Choose” See info below.
All are welcome! Agenda:
- Opening: environmental news:
- Climate change/temp.increase happening at a faster rate than predicted
- Global efforts to eliminate hydrofluorocarbons (refrigerant) which are more powerful greenhouse gases than C02
- Fema withdraws $ to remove eucalyptus trees in EBay hills
- Other news: bring issues to the group to educate us all
- Plans drafted for new preschool modular bldgs and new play area at SCC (will include solar collectors for whole campus)
- New website: Green Team has a spot for updates and information about our site
- Skyline Trail plans
- Wrap-up from showing of film, This Changes Everything; we have donation $, how to use?
- What do you want to see at Skyline next year?
Time to Choose Award-winning documentary filmmaker Charles Ferguson turns his lens to address worldwide climate change challenges and solutions in “Time to Choose”. Featuring narration by award-winning actor Oscar Isaac, this film leaves audiences understanding not only what is wrong, but what can to be done to fix this global threat. Ferguson explores the comprehensive scope of the climate change crisis and examines the power of solutions already available. Through interviews with world-renowned entrepreneurs, innovators, thought leaders and brave individuals living on the front lines of climate change, Ferguson takes an in-depth look at the remarkable people working to save our planet.
Catherine Kessler (510-531-8212; firstname.lastname@example.org)