Update Zoom Before Sunday!
If you’re not running the latest version of Zoom, you won’t be able to come to worship on Pentecost this Sunday. There are three ways to update the Zoom app on your computer. This one-minute video shows those three ways. If they can show you all three ways in one minute, you know it’s going to be simple.
Also, here are written instructions adapted from the zoom website. You must do this update before Sunday. It may look detailed but there are only 4 simple steps.
Zoom Desktop Client (PC, Mac, or Linux)
Zoom provides a pop-up notification when there is a new mandatory or optional update within 24 hours of logging in.
You can also manually download the latest version by:
- Go to the zoom website at https://zoom.us/download. If that link doesn’t work, try – https://zoom.us,
1st Photo below shows what zoom.us/download website looks like.
- Under Zoom Client for Meetings click on the blue Download button and the zoominstaller will be downloaded to your computer. – see the 1st photo below to see the download button.
- At the bottom of your screen in the lower left you’ll get a little grey box with zoominstaller.exe written in it. (it’s shown in the 1st photo below, but a little hard to see). Click on it.
- A popup (see second photo below) asking permission comes up. Click on the button labeled Run. The installation will begin.When complete (less than 30 seconds usually) you’ll get a little blue zoom camera icon in your bar that shows your running applications.
This is the website to go to to find the new zoom.
It also shows the zoominstaller.exe button in the lower left.
This is the box that opens when you click on the zoominstaller.exe button. Choose Run!
If you already have the Zoom desktop client installed, you can check for updates:
- Sign in to Zoom desktop client.
- Click your profile picture then click Check for Updates and the new version will be installed if you don’t already have it..
See you Sunday morning! If you need some help, contact Nancy during office hours Thursday and Friday between 9 AM and 3:30 PM – email@example.com, 510-531-8212.