If you are seeking…
- a church that is guided by the teachings of Jesus in an open-minded and progressive way
- a way to work for justice and peace, both locally and globally
- a beautiful, inspiring, natural setting
- a diverse, inclusive, multi-racial, open and affirming community
- inspiring preaching and music
- a community where God’s love knows no bounds, where all are welcome, young, old, rich, poor, different colors and sexual orientation
- a nurturing faith community that supports families, one where your children can learn that God loves them
Then Skyline UCC is a true place for you.
Children’s programs from 10-11 AM, ages 3 through Grade 6
Choir: all are welcome to take part in the joy of singing! Sundays at 8:30 am
Pastor Laurie preaching unless otherwise noted.
OCTOBER Sermons- Month at a Glance
Sermon series: Unity within our Diversity: Belonging to the One Body.
So many of us are inundated with the news of divisiveness in this one body, our common humanity, and as part of our one home, planet earth.
What would it mean to treat the religious and spiritual aspects of life as seriously as we treat politics and economics? Join us this month for a sermon series taking up the great questions of what does it mean to be human, and how do we sustain and manifest healing and hope in these times?
6 the Body of Belonging, 3 pm Blessing of the Animals
13 Cultivating Hope within the body of despair: remembering the children
20 The power of conversation for the body, 11:30 – 12:30 Conversations about our faith community
27 Let it Go, Reformation and Halloween: Rev Jerry Handy preaching (Pastor Laurie away)
November 4 Music Director, Benjamin Mertz’s, farewell concert – Music of the Body and soul. All Saints and All Souls day!