Our ministry teams are long-standing volunteer teams that coordinate closely with our clergy and staff to brainstorm, strategize, make recommendations, recruit volunteers and develop plans on how to effectively do ministry in various areas of church life.
We believe that ministry is for everyone! Our church offers the opportunity for all members and friends to take a full part in the life of the church. For that reason, every member of the church, and those friends who wish it, serve the church through membership in one or more of these Service areas:
Invitation, Welcome, and Fellowship
- Pastor Laurie and team TBD
- Our mission is to practice extravagent hospitality, invitation and welcome; and assimilate newcomers into our faith community.
Care and Concern
- Pastor Laurie with support from many
- Our mission is to celebrate and care for friends & members of this community and beyond.
- Pastor Laurie, Office Manager
- Our mission is to engage members and friends fully in the life of this community, discovering and using their talents for the greater good.
Spiritual Life (worship & education)
- Jane Medema
- Our mission is to inspire spirituality through our worship services, education and our music programs; to enhance the faith journey of Skyline and the wider community.
- Catherine Kessler
- Our mission is to enhance and maintain the buildings and the sacred ground of the Church, and to and maximize the appropriate use of our facilities, including rentals, and coordinate education about eco-justice for Skyline and beyond
- Michael Armijo
Justice & Witness
- Nancy Taylor & Mirtha Ninayauer (co-chairs)
- Our mission is to coordinate charity and justice, locally and globally
Children, Youth, & Families
- Director TBD
- Our mission is to advocate for children, youth, and families in all areas of church life, and partner with the preschool and other area CYF groups.
- Tom Manley, Sheila Helms, Carol Dutra
- Our mission is to plan the annual budget, and long term capital projects for the church, preschool and rentals, monitor, and inform the congregation about status.
- Current leaders are listed below.
- Special service team dedicated to the operations of the church. These leaders are elected by the community members and meet monthly.
Service Team meetings are ably led, purposeful, and efficient. They are also fun! Ours is a healthy and vibrant church, and the degree of participation in the life of the church is among the highest. Participation is an invitation to bring your gifts and inspiration, have fun, and serve God.
Church Council: July, 2020 – June, 2021
|Carolyn Noble||Moderator, Council Meets 3rd Weds 7 PM|
|Shaun Bernhardt||Vice Moderator|
|Catherine Kessler||Green Team 4th Thurs 7-9 PM|
|Jane Medema||Spiritual Life 2nd Tuesday 7-9 PM|
|Nancy Taylor||Justice and Witness Meets as needed|
|Walter Jones||At Large Member|
|Becky Taylor||Recording Secretary|
|Pastor Laurie||Minister (non voting)|
|Additional Teams: Care & Concern, Invitation, Welcome & Fellowship and Children, Youth and Families||(activities are happening without Lay Leaders as Chairs for these teams)|
|Sheila Helms Financial Secretary||Financial Secretary|
|Carolyn N, Tom M, Pastor Laurie||Personnel Committee|
|Paula B, Steve K, Pastor Laurie||Nominating Committee|
|Pastor Laurie & _______________||Preschool Liaison|
|Dave Byrens, Philippa Pegram||Pastoral Relations|
|Tom M, Carolyn N. Pastor Laurie Finance Committee||Finance Committee|
To let us know what your interest or questions are, please email us or call at 510-531-8212.