Explore, Connect, Serve, Grow with us!
Learn how your generosity has impacted Skyline this past year in this from our Treasurer. Your giving directly supports our programs and is tax deductible. We thank you for your financial commitment to Skyline.
A Pledge is a spiritual commitment to giving of our time, talent and treasure, and it is based on our belief that we give because we receive. Pledging gives us a chance to assess our priorities in a planned and thoughtful way, and allows us to align our giving with our values.
A Pledge is a voluntary statement of your annual financial commitment upon which our church bases its expenditures, makes its plans and builds programs around our three fundamental priorities: (1) voice for progressive Christianity, (2) dedication to environmental & social justice and outreach and (3) deepening understanding and growing beloved community.
How much should I pledge?
Giving is a spiritual practice. The first step is to ask God in prayer: How much am I being called to give? How am I being asked to respond to spirit’s call in my life? Many pledgers begin with an estimated percentage of their incomes, which seems significant and responsible for the year, and later embark upon the spiritual discipline of gradually increasing that percentage over time.
How do I pledge?
In order to accept your pledge at Skyline, we need to obtain or create a record of the pledge. There are a number of ways that you can do this:
- Phone: Contact us at 510 531 8212 send and email to discuss your pledge with our church administrator.
- Email: send an email to the office or the treasurer and your pledge will be noted.
- In the future you can make a pledge online.
- The annual stewardship survey (as a pdf or in electronic stewardship form) includes a section for letting Skyline know your financial pledge. If you fill out the pdf just fill out and bring to church or mail to the office. The electronic form automatically reaches Skyline. You’ll also find out all the time and talent ways you can serve, and let us know where you’d like to start!
Or, if you prefer, you can contact us at (510) 531-8212 or send and email with any questions you have.
Ways to Give – Thank you!
There are a variety of ways to make a gift to Skyline.
- Place your gift in the offering basket at Sunday worship.
- You can donate using your bank’s bill pay system (just as you would pay any bill; please contact us at (510) 531-8212 or send and email to receive the account information you need to set it up with your bank).
- You can mail or drop off your donations directly in the church office
- You can donate online (coming in the future).
Giving Online (future – let us know if you’d use it when we have it available)
This is easy, but that’s not the only benefit. Here are a few other advantages:
- It’s a step of faith… deciding in advance to give faithfully.
- It helps simplify life.
- It allows you to give consistently… even when you’re not at church.
- It allows you to focus on the service when you’re at church.
You can quickly give a one-time gift or you can set up a recurring gift or pledge (coming soon). Contact us if you need assistance.