Updates from Government and Medical Leaders
- PDF: Order of the State Public Health Officer regarding all of California to shelter-in-place.
- Click Here to Learn More About the Order
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) in California COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus. We’re all in this together. We are working rapidly to keep our state healthy.
- City of Oakland Website with links to SBA (Small Business Association) and Alameda County (added 4/7/20)
- Center for Disease Control Covid-19 website (added 4/7/20)
Resources for Parents
- “Just for kids: A comic exploring the new coronavirus” from National Public Radio
- “Talking to kids about the coronavirus” from the Child Mind Institute
- “How to talk to your kids about coronavirus” is a fantastic resource with concrete information from the Girls Scouts of America
- “Helpful coronavirus resources for parents and kids” is a resource from Sparkle Stories for the whole family to talk about the coronavirus
- “Thirty ‘Virtual’ Field Trips” – This is simply a great resource to pass the time with children while practicing social distancing
More Resources on the Virus – Anxiety, Disinfecting, Social Distancing, Masks…
- resource for people who are anxious about the virus and covid-19.
- New York Times is free to everyone during this pandemic, as they break news on the matter
- NY Times article about wearing masks (added 4/7/20)
- A link for making facemasks. These can also be found on You Tube by searching “making facemasks for coronavirus” or “making facemasks for COVID-19” (added 4/7/20)